We are recruiting for a CAP Debt Centre Manager
Are you drawn to support those in great need? Are you passionate about sharing your Christian faith?
Church Wigan has formed a partnership with Christians Against Poverty (CAP) to provide a free debt advice service to the communities of Wigan and are recruiting a Debt Centre Manager.
16 hours per week
£9,000 p.a. (Funding for year 1 is secured. A further funding decision is expected in December 2022)
We are looking for a ‘people person’ who can engage with the local community and provide the first line of support for families who are struggling under the weight of unmanageable debt.
There is no need for in-depth financial knowledge because the debt advice is prepared by CAP’s head office team who also negotiate with creditors and work with each client until they are debt free. CAP will also provide full training and ongoing support for the role.
This exciting role will include:
- promoting the debt service locally
- recruiting a team of volunteers from worship communities
- visiting clients in their homes (accompanied by another volunteer)
- carrying out a fact find with clients and then returning to communicate the financial plan produced by CAP
- going above and beyond in supporting clients whilst on their journey to becoming debt free, together with the volunteer team
- looking for opportunities to share the Christian faith with clients and connect them with the local church
You’ll be working 16 hours per week with at least two half-day sessions need to be within regular working hours (9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Please see the detailed job description and person specification and complete the application form to apply. This needs to be returned to Christiane Cook by email.
Wigan Deanery Trust was formed in April 2019 to support Church Wigan and other charitable partners in their goal to renew church and revive communities in the Borough of Wigan.
For an informal chat please contact Revd Mark Wade on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 14th August 2022, first interviews with Wigan Deanery Trust during the first week of September and with CAP during the second week of September 2022.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the Debt Centre Manager to be a Christian.